"There is no other saddle pad on the market that compares to 5 Star Pads. The 100% Virgin Wool keeps my horses back protected at all times, by absorbing moisture and contouring to my horses back for the best possible fit."
2019 world standings place: 140th
2019 earnings: $8,799
Education: Southeastern Oklahoma State University (Durant, Okla.), business management
• 2018: Won the YMBL Championship Rodeo (Beaumont, Texas). Co-champion at Rodeo Austin (Texas). Finished 17th in the world standings with $70,876
• 2017: Won the Rodeo Corpus Christi (Texas), the Two Hands Memorial Rodeo (Perkins, Okla.) and the Jayhawker Roundup Rodeo (Hill City, Kan.). Co-champion at the Lake County Round-up (Lakeview, Ore.). Finished 25th in the world standings with $60,376
• 2016: Finished 144th in the world standings with $6,918
• 2015: Won the Greeley (Colo.) Stampede and the Cache County Fair and Rodeo (Logan, Utah). Finished 28th in the world standings with $36,323
• 2014: Placed in three rounds of his debut at the Wrangler NFR and finished fifth in the average standings. Won the Waller County Fair & Rodeo (Hempstead, Texas), Santa Rosa Roundup (Vernon, Texas) and the Hinton (Okla.) Crosstie PRCA Rodeo. Co-champion at the SW District Fat Stock Show Rodeo (Lake Charles, La.). Finished 13th in the world standings with $97,863
• 2013: Won the YMBL Championship Rodeo (Beaumont, Texas); finished 172nd in the world standings with $5,790
• 2012: Finished 132nd in the world standings with $7,868
• 2011: Won the Sisters (Ore.) Rodeo and Iowa's Championship Rodeo (Sidney). Finished 22nd in the world standings with $42,423
• 2010: Won the Clovis (Calif.) Rodeo and the Gladewarter (Texas) Round-up Rodeo; co-champion at the Santa Rosa Round Up (Vernon, Texas); finished 28th in the world standings with $43,461
• 2009: Won La Fiesta de los Vaqueros (Tucson, Ariz.); finished 38th in the world standings with $34,301
• 2008: Won the Lucas Oil Spring Round-Up (Wheatland, Mo.); the Eugene (Ore.) Pro Rodeo and the Lehi (Utah) Round-Up. Finished 66th in the world standings with $17,163
• 2007: Won the Juneau County Fair Pro Rodeo (Mauston, Wis.) and co-champion at the Dayton (Iowa) Championship Rodeo. Finished 61st in the world standings with $16,683
Finished third in the College National Finals Rodeo, 2007
6-2, 210 … Wife, Torrie, married Oct. 5, 2012 … Parents, David and Melanie; sister, Jessica, and brother, Clay … Hobbies include welding, riding and training young horses and training steer wrestling horses.
We are here for your horse!
I LOVE (& highly recommend) my 5 star pad because they do not slip & are easily adjusted under a saddle. With the wither relief & contoured top line I know I can count on the perfect fit. I can ride with it in the show pen, a trail ride, or use in training with EASY cleaning just a few times a year.
My Husband recently bought me a 5 Star saddle pad for Christmas. I could tell as soon as I pulled it out the box it was very different from any other saddle pads I had purchased. A good different!! I'm anxiously awaiting to buy me a liner to start riding it! Thank you 5 star for my Christmas!
I chose 5 Star pads for my horses because wool felt is tried and true, the pads fit a variety of body styles including broad backs and high withers, and i have never seen a dry spot on any of my horses since switching to 5 Star pads years ago.
I love my 5 star pad I bought one because of all the good reviews I have heard. I have owned my pad for 10 years and is still in great condition. I can take this pad from my barrel horses to my mules which are hard to get a saddle to fit right. I would recommend these pads to everyone.
I love the 5 star pads. They are the only pads I use now. I have had some of the more so called popular pads but they do not compare to the 5star.. I will not use any different pad. I actually keep an extra in my trailer. Easy to clean and always looks nice.